Thursday, June 17, 2010

MAC Lovelorn Lipstick

So I just got this lipstick yesterday when I back to MACed 6 shadow pots. This is a very pretty pink lipstick that is a lustre formula which means that is has a gloss finish.
I find no need to wear any gloss over it but it does wear off fast. The color of this lipstick is described on MACs website as an "emotive blue toned pink" whatever that means LOL! Pretty much there are all different tones of pink yellow, blue, and some with more orange in that would be considered a coral color.
I am a fan of blue toned pink and red lipsticks as they make your teeth look whiter lol.
My MAC sales lady told me that lovelorn is a bit darker then the Viva Glam Gaga lipstick that I also have and will include pictures of next to this but I have to do it when I get home cause I am at work right now. She told me that this is much easier to wear then Gaga though and I tried it on and she was 100% right. It is a bit darker and is easy to wear. I would only wear this if I had on a majority of cool toned makeup. For example I wouldn't wear espresso on my eyes and a peach blush and lovelorn for my lipstick instead I would wear a cool toned shadow like satin taupe and a cool toned blush like well dressed or Hardy Candy Living Doll.

All in all I really like this lipstick a lot and think that it would look good on a lot of people. I forgot to mention that lovelorn being a lustre formula means that it is build able so you can do a sheer wash of color or put it on bright and bold.

I hope this helps someone that is looking for a GREAT pink lipstick.
Below is a picture of the lipstick.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment